One Pan Pork Chop Dinner
After a long day of farming no one wants to spend their precious couch time cooking a fancy meal. So quick recipes and even quicker cleanups are a must at dinner time. This one-pan recipe is delicious and will make you look like you spent hours in the kitchen.
- Thompson Farms bone-in fresh pork chops (available online, Whole Foods or at our farm store)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt (you can use Kosher or sea salt, whichever you prefer)
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 2 or 3 apples of your choice (we use any red apple)
- In a small bowl, mix together apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, chicken stock, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Cut apples into thin slices. Set aside.
- Set your skillet to medium heat with olive oil.
- Season chops with salt and pepper. Add chops to skillet.
- Sear on both sides (should take about 4-5 minutes on each). Make sure it's cooked thoroughly (145 degrees F)
- Take chops off skillet.
- In that same pan, melt a little bit of butter.
- Add in apples and rosemary, let the apples brown.
- Pour in broth mixture. Let simmer and reduce by half.
- Return chops to pan and serve.